Sunday, November 29, 2009

Be Ye Thankful


My little pilgrim has really enjoyed his break from school. So have I! When I asked Kade what he was thankful for he said, "I'm thankful for my family and that we get to read books every night."

There are so many things that I am thankful for, not just on Thanksgiving, but every day of my life. I have a healthy 5 year old, a husband that takes care of us, and beautiful home, parents that live 7 minutes away, great friends, a JOB, and for the next day that comes.

My thoughts always venture toward those that have so little and are struggling right now. I'm trying so hard to teach Kade the joy of giving and that we live a very blessed life. Each year we adopt a family at Christmas and so last week we spent our Monday evening shopping for the three kids that we adopted. We had such a good time picking out things that they needed and that we wanted to give them! This year for Christmas, my hope is to show Kade another side to it. We are hoping to volunteer to feed the homeless this Christmas and want him to be right alongside of us. This will hopefully become our yearly tradition and will be something that will always keep him humbled.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that you're showing Kade how to "do for others". I'm proud of you Kaci! You're a great Momma!!!!!
    Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete