Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Art Class

Also check out my Christmas post....I don't know how to link it or do two posts in one.


Back in October I signed Kade up for an art class in Dallas. It's a class where they work on 3 pieces per semester, which I love. They progressively work on one piece for four weeks. I really don't know where Kade got his talent, b/c all I can draw are stick figures, but he has a magnificent talent and I intend on catering to that and supporting it in any way I can. So..every Saturday we get up and head to University Park for his one hour art class. Mike and I sit in the Starbucks on the corner and eagerly wait for him to finish.

We went to get an estimate on custom framing for his two pieces ( he also did a sculpture) last night and it's unreal what it costs so I decided to just have a custom matte cut and fit it into a larger frame!

Here are his two pieces. One is of a bird b/c they were studying Audubon and the other is a self portrait. I can't wait for the matte to come in so that I can display these on my walls for all to see.




We've signed him up for next semester and I am so excited! He starts back January 8th. Look for more masterpieces to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment