Sunday, May 8, 2011

I love this child

I love this child.


He is the best thing I've ever done in my life. I think back to all of the mistakes I made in my past, and he washes them all away. Had I not gone down certain roads and made certain choices, my life would not be the same. Everyday my life is special because I get to be his mother.

We had a big weekend planned for Mother's Day and it didn't quite turn out like we had hoped. We bought Kade Jason Aldean tickets and he started running a fever early yesterday. We had to give them up and he was so upset. I told him we would get the CD and sing along in the car and pretend to be at the concert. Today, we planned to go to the Ranger game, but since Kade is sick and I am supposed to rest until this baby comes...that was axed too. BUT, my little man, despite not feeling well, made this morning very special for me. At 7:00 am he walked into my room with a smile and greeted me with "Happy Mother's Day". He wanted me to open my presents right then. So, without contacts in I opened up his handmade card from school with his little thumbprints that made a flower and the words "I love you". That's all I need right there! BUT, there was more. His class made bath salt for us and I will be using that this evening. All week he has been teasing me about what he and his daddy got for me. I let him help me and he pulled out a belgian waffle maker!!!!! I have been wanting one of these for quite some time now....and topped it off with Eclipse. After he scrubbed his little hands with soap and sanitizer, he made me a beautiful waffle for breakfast.

I love you sweet Kade. Six and 1/2 years ago you made my dreams come true. You made me a mommy after so many years of longing to be one. You've taught me more than any book, sermon, or lesson could. I learn something new with you every single day. I'm so proud of who you are becoming and the love you show to others. I can't wait to see you as a big brother. I know you will teach Krew the many things I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment