Sunday, June 21, 2009

Boy:n: a noise with dirt on it

Recently I went to a friend's baby shower and she had this definition on the wall of the nursery..I thought it was perfect for my child! Check these feet out from playing on my dad's truck trailer today...


I hope that my husband truly enjoyed his day. We woke him up around 9 am and Kade couldn't wait for him to open up his presents. Kade picked out some new shorts and swim suits for our trip and Nike's. I had planned on cooking, but Kade wanted to take his daddy to McDonald's...so off we went. From there it was time for church. It was a fantastic sermon about leading your family. It really touched a nerve for both of us and we both agreed that some changes need to be made within our household...for the better!

Kade had made my dad a nuts and bolts box for his present and filled it with all kinds of "necessitites" for building!



My two brothers are building my dad a windmill and Kade decided that they might need his help as well! Here are a few pics of his craftsman "expertise"...





After playing outside all day with the dogs, working on the windmill, eating a fabulous dinner of steak and potatos, followed by ice cream cake...my little guy was pooped. I left Mike at mom and dad's for some guy time with my bro's and brought Kade man home...it's hard bathing a half asleep 4 1/2 year old that weighs 54 pounds...but I got the job done!

Happy Father's Day Mike! Kade and I love you!




Also, I just have to add that The Hangover is HILARIOUS!!!! It's one of the funniest movies I have ever seen and Bradley Cooper is super dreamy!!! Mike and I actually had a date night last night...we don't really have much of those, but we are going to start..our marriage needs it. Anyway, ASI gymnastics has a themed party once a month and allows parents to drop their child off from 7-11. They feed them pizza and play all sorts of games. I was unsure at first, but several of our friends recommended this to us and Kade BEGGED to go. He had the best time and this allowed Mike and I to have a dinner alone and go see a movie. We have vowed to do this once a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment