Monday, May 18, 2009

Out last night.....



How can you not be a fan of Kenny Chesney I ask???? He WAS....IS....AMAZING!!!! I originally went to his concert on May 3rd and stood in the rain singing my heart out along wtih him as we all got drenched. I did that for Kenny! I was so sad when the show was cut short and knew that somehow he would come back b/c that is how great he is. AND HE DID! Of course it was scheduled the weekend we had to be in San Marcos for my future sister-in-law's graduation from college..OF COURSE! We headed to San Marcos on Saturday and morning and due to two major wrecks and the rain we made it there by 5pm. The next day we had to get her packed and ready to move to Dallas AND head back to Frisco for the concert. We made it to Dallas in record time and got in line for the concert. The line wrapped around 3 times and the seats were first come first serve. Anyway, I had one field ticket and 2 stadium seats...BUT...we paid the attendant 20 bucks and she let all three of us down on the floor. We were oh..about TEN rows back from the stage. This was Kade's first concert and he was mesmerized! HE IS AMAZING...I'll say it again...HE IS AMAZING!!! He came out of stage and said, "Now, where were we Dallas?" and immediately started to sing "Something Sexy About The Rain". He sang everything from She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy to U2 and David Allen Coe. It was 3 and 1/2 hours of FUN and EXCITEMENT. Right after he sang a U2 song, he sat down on the stage and took off his boots and socks, rolled up his jeans, and went back to singing. You could tell how tired he was, but he kept on for his fans. That is a true Entertainer. How on earth did he not win Entertainer of the Year over Underwood???? Yes, she is a wonderful singer, but HE is an ENTERTAINER! It was worth every ounce of "tired" that I felt this morning and I am still feeling in my old age!

I love the man.....

No comments:

Post a Comment