Sunday, May 2, 2010

Down on the farm

What a great weekend! I picked Kade up from school on Friday, minus a tooth!!! He now looks like a hockey player...it's the cutest thing ever! He said, "How will I eat corn on the cob?" He left his tooth under the pillow and the tooth fairy visited leaving him $10.

Mom had called earlier in the week and had said she wanted to take Kade to her boss' farm in East Texas. His momma goat had just delivered triplets and he wanted Kade to see them. Saturday afternoon around 1:30 we headed that way and he was sooooooooooo excited. Mimi was telling him about all the animals he would get to see, including Sugar the donkey! It was so neat to see all of the animals and get up close. Next time we go we are definitely taking Sugar some apples and carrots. Kade got to hold the baby goats, collect eggs out of the chicken coop, hang out with Sugar, and get up close to the BIG BLACK ANGUS COWS. He had the best time. Mrs. Lyons even let him bring home some fresh eggs for breakfast. Before we left the tiny town of Point, TX, we made a stop at Dairy Queen. I miss having one in Rockwall...dipped cones...ahhhh!

Being out there really made me want to live on a nice piece of land far away, but not too far from the city. It's so peaceful and SLOW. It reminded me of going to my Granny's house when I was little and feeding the pigs and riding my horse in the pasture where my Pa Pa was plowing. It seems like such a simple life and I seem to want that more and more the older I become.

Playin' Chase



Check out those missing teeth!


Checkin' out Sugar's teeth

Fresh eggs anyone???

Brave little boy...

2 comments:

  1. First of all...so stinkin' cute!!! I love these pics!!

    Second of all...Are you kidding? Did you know that is where I live? Point??? I'm sad ya'll were so close and I did not see you! :-) I'm dying to know who you went to see! :-) I will facebook ya! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love it! Those rubber boots and chasing a goat are hilarious! I'm happy he caught the little fellow! ha ha
    It reminds me of Barrett out at my mom and dad's house. Too fun.

    ReplyDelete