Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mommas of baby boys

Being a momma to a baby boy is like no other feeling in the world. You hear when you are pregnant, "Boys love their mommas" and they certainly do. I grew up with two brothers and I saw that love and that connection that only a mother and son can have. I guess it's like a daddy/daughter relationship. Not to say that my mom didn't think I hung the moon, b/c she thought I hung the moon, the sun, and all of the other planets...but there is a difference, I believe. I knew it the moment I found out I was having a boy. Something in me began to shine and when he looked at me for the first time, nothing else existed in that moment. While reading other blogs I stumbled upon one about a mother who had given a baby boy up 12 years ago and the connection that she still felt. Through her blog I found another with a similar story and when I opened it up, her playlist began. A song came on called Godspeed by the Dixie Chicks and it is about the love a mother has for her little boy. I can't stop playing this song or singing it. It is now the first song on my newly added playlist. I open my blog just so I can hear it.

I love you little man!

To be cont....

No comments:

Post a Comment