Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Letter to Kade

Dear Kade,

It really does seem like yesterday that we brought you home and now you are entering Kindergarten. When they say, "they grow up so fast", it's true. It's exciting to see you grow and learn new things, and sad at the same time because you will never be 4, 3, 2, or 1 again. I don't think you will ever fully understand how much love I have for you, but I will do my best to show you everyday of your precious life. When I walked you into your new school and realized that you are in "big" school this rush of emotions flooded my heart, soul, and mind....will he be okay? will he know what to do? where to go? make new friends? You walked right into your class without hesitation, picked out your cubby, and sat down with such a pure sense of belonging. Tears began to well up in my eyes, but I knew I had to be strong for you. This would set the tone for the rest of your day. I quickly wiped away the tear that escaped and kissed you good-bye because I knew you were going to be okay and that you felt safe with your teacher and classmates. As your daddy and I walked out he assured me that you were going have a great day. Because you were so happy, that set the tone for the rest of my day and I had to think to myself, "I can do this." I talked about you to every new class that I met that day and at 10:50 I thought about the conversations you were having with your friends at lunch. Picking you up and seeing you run to me with a smile from ear to ear was the absolute highlight of my day. You couldn't stop talking about all of the things that made kindergarten great like: staying on green, taking a tour and seeing the Apple computers in the lab, going to gym class, and playing on the playground. I can't wait to see who you become in the next 9 months and where your mind will take you. Mommy loves you and I am looking forward to this journey with you.

Godspeed little man...
Sweet dreams little man....
My love will fly to you each night on angels wings


Hugs and Kisses,

Mommy





No comments:

Post a Comment