Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Great Wolf Lodge









We had the best time! I picked Kade up from school on Thursday and we headed to Grapevine. (Mike met us after work. ) He was sooooooooo excited. Funny story....he and his friend Emily were betting who would sit in more hot tubs while on vacation...how does a 4 year old know about hot tubs???? Anyway, his teacher said that once Kade said he would be sitting in "1 MILLION", Emily was stumped...she had nothing left to say! That's my boy! I can't say enough about that place. I know we will visit at least once more this year and I may even have Kade's birthday party there in October. Mike is definitely ready to go back. He is just as big of a kid as Kade, and that makes it fun! I saw too many parents wrapped up in their books and their phones and not watching their kiddos. What's the point if it's going to be that way? I have to be involved...I want to remember every moment.

My mom met us Friday night and she and Kade slept on the bunk beds....mom tried to get him to take the bottom bunk. She said she was kidding, but I think she really wanted to sleep on the top bunk. :) What made the trip even better was that Kade met a little boy named Sam. They hit it off and went to the arcade together and we gave Sam's dad a break and took them to the water park for a couple of hours. It's tough keeping up with two boys...but I would love it. I wish sometimes that Kade already had a little brother to play with.
Anyway, we are completely exhausted and full of new memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment