Monday, January 2, 2012

Father's Day, 4th Of July, Florida 2011

I usually buy Mike and Kade a shirt that matches to wear on Father's Day. I was fortunate enough this year to find something for all 3. My husband is a great sport and will pretty much wear what I ask him to. All three of my boys wore their matching shirts to church that morning and I loved every minute of seeing them. They were precious. After church we stopped for lunch at On The Border and then headed home to get ready for an evening with my family.


The boys and their Bop-O

May as well have called it Grandpa's day because my dad was on cloud 9 with his two grandsons on such a special day.

This time last year I was grieving over a miscarriage and now we are celebrating with such a treasure from God.


This 3rd of July was spent at my brother's house. He had a barbecue with games, a water slide bounce house, and fireworks!


Then we went to mom and dad's for the 4th and popped the rest of our firecrackers.
Getting ready to go to Mimi and Bop-O's






At about 9:30 that night, we sat on our front porch and watched the fireworks at Harry Myers Park. This is what I love about where we live. We have a front row seat to an amazing show.

Danny, Mike's best friend, contacted me in May about coming back to Florida. How can we say no???? Kade absolutely loves the beach and mom decided to travel with us to help out with the baby. This year we flew. I can't even fathom an 18 hour drive with a 2 1/2 month old baby. That would have probably turned into a 36 hour drive with all of the stops!

We spent as much time at the beach as possible. Like I said last year, I don't go but about knee deep, but Mike and Kade like to go out to the sandbar and look for shells. It makes me soooooooo nervous. My eyes stay glued on his little head. If I don't see it, I'm calling for the both of them.







Our usual burial in the sand!

He was so upset with me for not feeding him before we got into the pool!



Krew is such a great traveler. He slept on the plane, there and back and slept on the beach for most of our stay. I had bought a protective tent for him and it was perfect. I layed a couple of towels in there for cushion and off he drifted.


Mike and Kade created their usual creature in the sand. This year they sculpted a dolphin and people would stop to ooooh and ahhhh over it. I'll admit...I was proud!


We did take a break from the beach one day and went to the Clearwater Rehabilitation Aquarium. I loved this aquarium. All of the proceeds from admission are used to save injured marine life. The shows that you see are not "Sea World" shows, they are training sessions for the animals. This aquarium also houses Winter, the dolphin from the movie Dolphin Tale. Kade had an amazing opportunity to feed him. They also offer camps in the summer and provide opportunities for the kids to learn to properly care for the animals. If we go back this year, Kade is signing up! I just think it would be such an amazing opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment