Sunday, January 1, 2012

A sweet arrival

On May 5th I was placed on bed rest. I wasn't confined to my bed, but that is where I stayed most of the time! I dropped Kade off at school each day and absolutely loved picking him up. That is something I rarely get to do since I work until 5 every day. The night before Krew's arrival, Kade had a flag football game, his first, and I wasn't going to miss it! So I waddled my way down to the field and cheered him on as I always do! After the game, I decided that Baby Krew needed some Snuffer's cheddar fries and a grilled chicken sandwich!

The next morning, I was awake by 5 am and Kade followed shortly. He could NOT wait to put on his "Big Brother" t-shirt and meet his baby brother. The hospital is only about a ten minute drive from our home, so we left around 7:15. I had to check in between 7:30-8:00.


After getting checked in, Mimi and Bop-O arrived to keep us company...and they were a bit anxious too! We also gave Kade his big brother bag of goodies from Krew and a special note I had written for him.


Dr. Cowart arrived and the nurses said it was time. I watch a little too much Grey's Anatomy and I get very worked up about any type of surgery so tears started to flow as I hugged my baby boy.


Throughout my entire pregnancy, my doctor forecasted a huge baby. Kade weighed 9 lbs 11oz, so as big as I was, we thought Krew would be close to the same. I remember with Kade, my doctor had to tug and pull to get him out (I had c-sections with both). Krew came out very quickly and the minute I heard him cry, I cried. Dr. Cowart popped him over the curtain for a brief second to show me my beautiful baby boy and then off to get cleaned up and weighed. Mike went over to the scale and he said 7 lbs 14 oz and 21 inches long. WHAT? Are you sure that 7 is not a 9??? Now I have no excuse for my size!!! I didn't know what I was going to do with such a small baby!!! I'm going to love that baby, that's what I am going to do....and I'm going to have to buy some newborn clothes ASAP!



This time around I was wheeled back into the prep room where my family was almost immediately. I saw my sweet 6 year old waiting to make sure that I was okay and right behind me they were wheeling a our precious little package in for all to see. The grin on Kade's face will forever be ingrained in my mind. His pride gleamed from ear to ear. We let him hold Krew first and what a special moment that was. Kade could not believe that he was actually here. I said, "You did it! You're a big brother!". He was instantly in love!



Throughout the days, we had many special visitors that came to check on us and to see our newest addition. We are so blessed to have such caring and loving people in our lives. I'm thankful that they took time out of their day to come and see us .

Others visited, but they came when I didn't have the camera!

After 4 days in the hospital it was time to go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment