Thursday, July 2, 2009

Florida 2009- Days 1-3

We are back and exhausted! We got home around 8pm last night, Kade had surgery at 7 am this morning and I volunteered my home for the team t-ball party. This is my first opportunity to really sit down and relax.

Day 1- We left the house around 5:30 am and headed to the airport...mind you I had stayed up until around 2:30 to finish packing and making sure that my house was spotless and all the laundry was done and put away. I wanted to come home to a nice, clean house. After boarding the plane, Kade called his Bop-O (my dad) to tell him good-bye. It was so sweet. He started to tear up a little and said, "I'm going to miss you Bop-O". I knew my dad's heart was swelling at that moment and he must be grinning from ear to ear.

We arrived in Orlando around noon and took the Disney shuttle to our resort. We stayed in the Jamaica suites at the Carribean Beach Resort. It was beautiful. We couldn't check in to our room until 3pm so I took the guys suits out and they tested the pools! How do you like their matching suits???!!





Once the concierge sent our bags to our room, mom and I changed into our suits as well and we swam until 9pm that night, with a dinner break of course. From the pool you could see the fireworks that go off every night at Disney World. We had the best seat in the house.

Day 2- Off to Disney World!!! We woke up super early to dress and have breakfast before the crowd..then it was off to the shuttle to the "Happiest Place on Earth", except when you wait in a two hour line for a 1 minute ride!!!! Let me just say that the heat/humidity in Florida is RIDICULOUS. There is no point in fixing your hair at all...just a sidenote.

On our way to breakfast



Back to the trip..we made it to the Magic Kingdom and what really impressed me was that if you are staying in a Disney resort you get in one hour earlier than the general public. We were able to ride about 5 of the rides with little wait time before the crowd. Our first ride was in Tomorrow Land; the space ships and as soon as we got off we saw BUZZ LIGHTYEAR....Kade's favorite! His eyes got so big and it was the sweetest thing. By about 4pm we were ready to leave the park and head to Downtown Disney for some dinner. I wish we had more time to look around Downtown Disney, but Kade was pooped. His little body just couldn't go any longer. So we had dinner, which Kade fell asleep about 4 bites in, and then I made my way to Goofy's candy shop and bought the most amazing chocolate covered pretzels and chocolate covered peanut butter sandwiches. I could not leave without getting my little guy some cookies and the biggest lollypop they had! He was certainly surprised the next day when he woke up to that. Once we got back to the hotel, we made our plans for the next day...we were going to go to Animal Kingdom. Now, I am not a zoo person AT ALL so this was not something that I was too terribly excited about...but it wasn't about me, it was about a kiddo named Kade. I can't imagine what Kade must have been thinking while we were at Disney World. Seeing all of that through his eyes must be amazing. He studies everything he sees and the look on his face at times made me wonder what was turning inside of his mind. Oh, I can't forget to mention the DELICIOUS chocolate covered frozen bananas we had after lunch...nothing like 'em!

Shooting aliens!


Waiting for the parade on Main Street


Mike, Kade, and Buzz


My attempt to take a picture of the two of us on the rockets!


Mimi on the rocket ship!


Kade the fearful dragon


Action shot on the teacups!


My little guy at dinner



Day 3-Animal Kingdom

Did I mention it was hot and humid in Florida..UGGH! I don't mind visiting, but I could never live there. Like I mentioned earlier, I am not a zoo person and Animal Kingdom is pretty much a big zoo. However, there were a few things that I enjoyed. We went on an actual safari which was really neat. We saw all kinds of animals that could have easily walked right up to our jeep or could have just as easily attacked us..comforting isn't it??? There is also a section called Dino-land, with a huge "Dinosaur graveyard". It's a place the kids can run around, climb rocks, slide through a cave and play in the water. Kade really enjoyed this part and so we stayed there for about 45 minutes. Then we were off to stand in line for the Lion King show..this was amazing and air conditioned! I enjoyed this show more than the musical I saw at Fair Park last summer. We also saw the Finding Nemo musical. Quick funny story..we were on our way out of the park and the boy working the gates
( couldn't have been more than 16 years old) says to me, "I'm off at 6, I'll see ya' later" and winks at me. It was hilarious! It gave us all a good little laugh!



Crusin' Kade


We met Mickey!


About to go on our safari!



Dinosaur Graveyard



After sweating all day, it felt good to get our swim suits on and go for a swim...here are a few shots of Kade having blast in the pool.

Cannon ball..sort of!

He's so proud of himself for jumping in




What a little poser!


So, that's the first 3 days...I'll blog about the rest tomorrow sometime!

1 comment:

  1. u guys looks so great! i can't believe how big ur kid is, he's adorable!

    ReplyDelete