Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Little bit of fun

Kade has had a great week and it's only Tuesday. Sunday evening around 7pm he asked us if he could jump on his trampoline...this requires going to Mimi and Bop-O's house of course. So we headed over there and dad had bought a new lawn mower...guess who just had to ride on it and then DRIVE it???? Of course my dad said yes!

My dad is the best Bop-O out there. He loves his Kade man and will do anything for him and pretty much lets him do anything he wants when I'm not around...typical grandparent. I really think my dad sees this as a second go at things. Here's a quick backstory on my pops. He is one of 17 children all born from the same two parents....natural and none in a hospital. That's what happened in East Texas many years ago! Anyway, my papa was abusive to my dad and spent some time in prison making moonshine...needless to say he wasn't the best role model. My dad took from those experiences and swore that he would always do better for his family. He quit school two months before graduating from high school and began working as a mechanic at Jim Alle Oldsmobile ( now Rusty Wallis Honda). This is where he and mom met. I was born two years later and was an only child for 6 years. We went on trips and spent many days and nights in the backyard on the toys he would build for me. In 1982, my brother Blake was adopted and 2 weeks later mom found out she was preggers! My bros are 8 months apart..probably harder than twins. I remember this as being the time that my dad started working alot. He went from having to feed 3 mouths, to 5 very quickly. We needed a bigger house, car, etc. Dad left Jim Allee and started his own business in Sachse..still there if you need an honest mechanic! Dad felt the way he needed to show his love was to give us everything we wanted, because he never had anything. We never went without EVER and I am very grateful, but it wasn't until I felt confident as an adult to tell him his time was more important, that he got it. My dad and I are very close, just as he is with my two brothers and I think he truly regrets the time he missed b/c he felt he needed to work. Now he makes up for that with my baby. I am teary eyed writing this b/c my dad is so special to me and I love seeing him as a Bop-O. I can't wait to see him with future grandchildren, whether they are mine or my brothers. Kade is a very lucky little man to have my dad in his life.

NOW, on to the pictures from this week and a few videos from the trampoline.

Riding with Bop-O


Bop-O better hold on...


I have some video clips of Kade jumping on the trampoline and showing us his new trick, but it's not uploading...I will upload them once Mike figures it all out for me!!!

Today when Mike got home I was headed to the gym. He decided to take Kade fishing at Harry Myers Park. I expected them to be done by the time I was headed home, but they were still there. I decided to see if any "catching" was actually going on and it WAS! Kade seems to be a master fisherman!!! I love this little boy!





1 comment: