Wednesday, July 8, 2009

It's out, but where did it go?

Friday morning Kade woke up soooooooo excited...his bottom front/right tooth was loose. I thought, "How can this be at 4 years old?" Anyway, apparently this is normal, but I couldn't help but think back to him being 3 months old and seeing those first two bottom teeth breaking through the gums. After a full day of wiggling that tooth and eating from the side of his mouth we were really thinking it would just come on out...but NO..it took until today. At dinner this evening we were talking and all of the sudden he says, "By the way, my tooth is gone." WHAT?!?!?!? Where did it go? When did this happen? How can this be? We have come to the conculsion that he must have SWALLOWED it. I will never have my baby's first tooth...kind of sad about that. Of course my 25 year old brother says, "Just wait till he poops tomorrow." GROSS, but that is to be expected I guess. Kade's only question was how the tooth fairy would get his tooth if he swallowed it.

Tonight before bed, we decided to write the tooth fairy a note and leave that under his pillow. Hopefully she will oblige by his sweet request.



2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh How PRECIOUS! I love his note. That made me laugh out loud! (Huge vocabulary and thought process...Mom must be a Language Arts teacher)!
    Miss yoU! Hope you are enjoying your summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats hilarious. i do hear the sooner they come in the sooner they fall out!

    i say wait for the poop. you GOTTA have that first tooth. i'm STILL collecting teeth from my kids!

    ReplyDelete